There’s an air of excitement as Apple opened its first store- Apple BKC, in India at Jio World Drive Mall in Bandra Kurla Complex.
Apple is known as a luxury and lifestyle brand in India, with a market share of close to 3%. In order to expand, and gain a high market share in the country, the brand is making the right moves, with CEO Tim Cook himself welcoming the first shoppers at the store.
Another store is soon set to open on April 20th in Saket, New Delhi, and will be called Apple Saket.
Few interesting facts you need to read about the Apple BKC
1. Apple inaugurated its first retail store in India- the AppleBKC on Monday, 17th April, and bloggers and tech experts were the first to get sown around the store, after which it was opened for the general public.
This opening happens to be concurrent with the tech giant’s 25th anniversary in India. This store is one of the tech giants’ most sustainable stores.
2. Apple CEO, Tim Cook who is visiting India after 7 years, welcomed the first customers at the store. He is expected to meet PM Modi and even Deputy IT Minister Rajeev Chandrashekhar
3. AppleBKC will be open for customers from 11 am to 10 pm every day. Customers can book a one-to-one shopping session through the Apple BKC website.
4. Apple’s interiors are known to ooze contemporary charm and sophistication. But efforts have been made to make the Indian store appealing to the Indian audience. For example, a corner of the store is inspired by the iconic kaali-peeli taxis of Mumbai.
5. Apple customers can get all their troubleshooting advice from an in-store servicing facility called ‘Genius Bay’. All they need to do is book an appointment for the same on Apple India’s official website.
6. For the 20,000 sq ft store at Jio World Drive Mall, Apple will pay INR 42 lakhs as rent, with an annual increase of 15%. It will also share 2 percent of its revenues with the property owners for the next 3 years.
7. The 100-member strong AppleBKC team represents Apple’s attention to inclusivity. Amongst themselves, they speak 18 different languages.
8. According to Apple, the company employs 2500 people directly and 10 lakh jobs through its app community.
9. 22 Competitors do not have the right to own property or place advertisements near the Apple store. This includes the likes of Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
10. A special playlist was created on the Apple Music app, to celebrate the opening of Apple’s first Indian store. It also released new wallpapers for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.