fbpx

Advertise

MM_logo_black

Add Your Heading Text Here

Add Your Heading Text Here

Different Sources From Which LinkedIn Makes Money

| Published on April 7, 2019

Hey guys, have ever wondered how the employment oriented platform makes money? Founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs which operates via the website and mobile app. The platform currently has over 500 Million users in over 200 countries and territories.

LinkedIn is a one-stop solution to increase your professional network and find new opportunities. Every user on LinkedIn has a different set of requirements. LinkedIn business solutions have services to fulfil most of these needs.

LinkedIn makes money

But how do they make money?

1. Talent Solutions:

This is access to the LinkedIn Recruiter product, which is used primarily by corporate recruiting teams to find candidates for jobs. The primary services offered under Talent Solutions are LinkedIn recruiter, job slots, recruitment media, career pages, and work with our ads. In 2016, 65% of third-quarter revenue, totaling $960 million, came from recruitment services (“talent solutions”) sold to both professional recruiters and employers.

2. Marketing Solutions:

This is revenue from display ads and banners you see on the site. This service contributes to over 18% of the total revenue of the company and offers features which let companies to not only create a company page but also enhance their marketing efforts by creating sponsored content, sponsored InMails and text advertisements.

3. Premium Subscriptions:

This is the product that most of us have either signed up for or seen countless promos for; it allows you to see who is accessing your profile and send messages directly to other users. The subscriptions include
a) Career
b) Business Plus
c) Sales Navigator
d)Recruiter Lite


4. Acquisitions and Partnerships:

LinkedIn has also expanded its business model through many acquisitions which include some very renowned names like:
a) Lynd

Lynda is one of the most recent acquisitions by LinkedIn. It is an eLearning platform with a subscription-based revenue model which lets users learn the business, software, technology, and creative skills through videos.

b) SlideShare

Slideshare was acquired by LinkedIn in 2013 with an aim to give its members a way to discover people through content. LinkedIn Slideshare is a slide hosting service which lets its users upload content privately or publically in powerpoint, PDF, keynote or OpenDocument format.

Also Read: How Free Messaging Apps Like WhatsApp & WeChat Make Money

As of the third quarter of 2016, U.S. revenue accounted for 61% of LinkedIn’s total revenue, while revenue from international markets made up the remaining 39%. LinkedIn is available in 23 languages and has over 332 million users in over 200 countries, as of 2016, with 75% of new memberships being generated outside the U.S.

Interested in getting all the latest news from the world of Marketing, Advertising and Startups? Subscribe to our Scoop by Marketing Mind newsletter so that you don’t miss any updates.

Related Posts

Mock
Mock

Latest

Mock