Business is best done when you can reach out to your customers as quickly as possible. Based on a recent study there were over 1.66 billion online customers worldwide in 2017 and this number is expected to be 2.14 billion by the end of 2020.
So, clearly, the world is gaining their trust on online buying and this trust is increasing exponentially because of the ease and comfort that comes to the end customer in choosing and buying products online with their single click and getting their product delivered at their doorsteps in a few days.
In today’s tech-enabled world where almost anyone and everyone is attached to the world wide web as their primary source for food, life and entertainment it is high time for a business person to think their businesses in terms of online to target a wide range of consumers.
Now to reach out such a huge number of consumers and maintaining their faith and trust is not easy because there are many options available today. Hence, it is important to analyze, plan and execute the steps in this journey of moving online. Two important milestones in this journey are Technology and Digital which forms the base of online universe and it shall only grow in coming years.
Technology is not as easy and simple as it seems to be, it involves numerous efforts and proper planning along with experience in the field. But to give base to any product or an idea a business person must think in terms of following before starting:
- Current market research: Analyzing and understanding the industry and improvising. This involves analyzing various factors which helped the top companies reach a position also finding out reasons for failures if any within a domain. Overall this task involves intensive competitive analysis with respect to past present and future scenarios.
- User Experience:How end user can be at position of maximum comfort in using the application. Here the user interface, the speed, and how many clicks does he need to get to his final page and every small detail matters. You need to take care of everything in the way because this factor combined defines the overall user comfort and is important to retain a consumer online.
- Application Development:Actual Development of the application both web and mobile as per the domain analysis. This involves developing a website or an online portal combined with mobile application based on the analysis and research done so far. Any application developed has to be updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Deployment:Once we are ready with our idea and product it is equally important to setup the final production environment and maintaining the same over the time. Deployment itself is a process to be taken care of in the right way. This involves choosing a cloud server configuration, hosting your domain and setting up overall product environment on the server and maintaining the same.
After you have what customers need, it is time to let them know that you are the solution for their problems and queries. Digital is the best marketing option to display your products online and get consumers on board. When it comes to showcasing things digitally it is important to break things in terms of:
- Photographs & Videos:A clear and precise infographic or video can convey the customers and gain you their trust in your valuable products. These displays help them to understand much better about the product or service.
- Branding:Overall building an image in terms of various aspects and maintaining the same over the years is the sustaining factor for your business. Branding does include the main factor of creating a brand image in minds of the customer or possible customers.
- Social Media Marketing:Displaying your products in the customer’s daily social media feeds is an efficient way to showcase your product and their pricing. This could be done through paid advertisements as well as sharing it via different posts. Creating some content that has readable quality and some point about your product.
- Search Engine Optimization: Almost everyone makes use of search engines like Google Search to find what they need. Therefore, it is equally important to maintain and improvise on your rankings on top search engines. Here you need to take care of both on page as well as off page optimization. Along with this you have to target keywords that are much more relatable to your product.
Once you are online and have your marketing strategies setup, it is quite essential to be aware of new strategies and technical advancements that need to be adapted to maintain the customers on board. Starting, maintaining and advancing the business technically as well as digitally is the investment that can yield you benefits for many years to come.
Guest post by Geek at Vaisansar Technologies