Good news for the people living in Delhi as the government has announced doorstep delivery of 40 public services including driving licence and marriage registration certificate. This service is available for a nominal fee of Rs 50 and has started from 10th September. Kejriwal even tweeted about this:
We have to change the way we r being governed. The entire administration and governance needs complete overhaul. It needs to become citizen centric. https://t.co/8azOIHGY9n
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) September 10, 2018
Interested to know more about it? Check the below points:
- VFS Global has been given the contract to run this project for three years.
- Services will be available from 9 am to 9 pm on all days, including Sundays.
- A dedicated helpline number- 1076 will be functional throughout the day.
- Customers will get details about the service and the service fee via SMS and application can be tracked online through unique IDs.
- Customers will get information about what documents required to get the service and if someone doesn’t have them, an appointment can be scheduled.
- A mobile sahayak will be sent to the desired address at appointed time and the shayak will take details using a mobile app and biometric authentication. Details and documents will be uploaded through a government portal. 66 mobile sahayaks have been hired so far.
- If this initiative works well, the government has plans to extend this to 100 services.
- List of services available:
On talking about what made this happen, Kejriwal said: “The scheme was possible because of two reasons. First, our thinking to make the life of a common man easy. Second, our clear intention. “There will be issues in the scheme, but we will work hard to resolve them and will serve as a model before the world.”
What are your thoughts on this new initiative by AAP government? Do share your thoughts in the comments section.